PROTECT HEALTH INFORMATION FROM DATA BREACHES
HIPAA Risk Assessment
“If you can’t see it, you can’t defend against it.™"
Protect sensitive healthcare data from prevalent breaches through comprehensive risk assessment and mitigation.
Safeguard ePHI with Cybersafe’s HIPAA Risk Assessment.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) primarily exists to safeguard electronic protected health information (ePHI) and ensure it’s not disclosed without patient permission or knowledge.
However, ever-evolving cybersecurity breaches and attacks continue to undermine the protection of this sensitive information.
According to an analysis from The HIPAA Journal, despite a continuous decline in the number of healthcare data breaches since 2015, the highest ever number of breaches were reported in 2021 and 2022.
In fact, there were 11 reported data breaches with more than 1 million compromised records and 14 with more than 500,000 in 2022—with many of these hacking incidents involving ransomware or attempted extortion, continues the analysis.
Especially amid these trends, it is paramount organizations pinpoint threats to ePHI and proactively mitigate them to safeguard patient data.
Cybersafe’s HIPAA Risk Assessment does just this. By identifying risks to ePHI, our comprehensive assessment process provides thorough reporting and recommendations to further safeguard healthcare information.
Cybersafe’s HIPAA Risk Assessment Process
Our skilled specialists uncover risks to ePHI through a refined assessment process:
- Assess Administrative, Physical & Technical Posture Against HIPAA Security Regulations
- Utilize Best Practices & Guidelines from NIST Special Publication (SP) 800-30 “Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments”
- Identify Repositories Containing ePHI
- Determine Current Security Measures Protecting ePHI
- Identify Vulnerabilities & Threats to ePHI
- Recommend Additional Security Measures to Further Protect ePHI
- Deliver HIPAA Risk Assessment Report
HIPAA Risk Assessment Report
After a thorough evaluation, Cybersafe delivers a tailored HIPAA Risk Assessment Report, including:
- Findings & Recommendations
- Administrative Safeguards
- Physical Safeguards
- Technical Safeguards
- 18 HIPAA Security Policies
- HIPAA Compliance With Existing Controls
- Threats and Risks With Existing Controls
Adequately Protecting and Safeguarding Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) Against Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Security Management
- Service Providers
- Contingency Planning
- Information Access
- Security Response
- Security Awareness
- Facility Access Control
- Workstation Security
- Device and Media Control
- Password Control
- Audit Controls
- Access Control