Model your security posture against industry gold standards
NIST CSF Maturity Assessment
“If you can’t see it, you can’t defend against it.™"
Cybersafe’s skilled specialists compare your cybersecurity posture to industry standards of breach prevention, response, and lessons learned, and map maturity against the Center for Internet Security (CIS) 18 Controls to identify gaps and strengthen posture.
Identify missing or inadequate security measures to bolster your defenses.
With the average cost of a U.S. ransomware breach an astronomical $8.64 million, according to IBM’s 2021 Security “Cost of a Data Breach Report,” cyberattacks are prevalent, costly, and debilitating to the businesses they touch—now more than ever.
Cybersafe works with companies to identify gaps or inefficiencies in security posture by comparing against the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework (CSF).
This standardized framework helps organizations of all sizes reduce cybersecurity risks and safeguard valuable data, and its five functions are considered the gold standard for building a cybersecurity program:
1. Identify: Which processes and assets require protection?
- Asset Management
- Business Environment
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management Strategy
- Supply Chain Risk Management
2. Protect: Which safeguards will ensure delivery of critical infrastructure services?
- Identity Management and Access Control
- Awareness and Training
- Data Security
- Information Protection Processes and Procedures
- Protective Technology
3. Detect: Which mechanisms can be utilized to identify the occurrence of cyber events?
- Anomalies and Events
- Security Continuous Monitoring
- Detection Processes
4. Respond: Which techniques should be implemented to contain the impacts of cyber events?
- Response Planning
5. Recover: Which processes would restore capabilities and services impaired due to cyber events?
- Recovery Planning
Strengthen your security through evidence-based practices.
Following the assessment, Cybersafe maps your cybersecurity posture against one of the most robust standardized frameworks: the Center for Internet Security (CIS) 18 critical security controls.
The CIS 18 Controls:
- Are Shaped by Actual Attacks & Effective Defenses
- Reflect Expert Knowledge Across Industries
- Reflect Knowledge of Every Role (Threat Responders, Policymakers, Etc.)
- Prioritize Security Functions to Gain Operational Efficiency
- Improve Cybersecurity Effectiveness
NIST CSF Maturity Assessment Report
After this, you’ll receive a customized NIST CSF Maturity Assessment report including:
- Executive Summary of Your Cybersecurity Posture
- Risk Rating and Risk Score
- Compliance Overview and Breakdown
- Gap Summary Identifying Vulnerabilities & Recommended Action Plans